hifi engine

Akai GX-4000D

Need a bit of help here, I have had one of these machines for about 30years now and at present it is stored in the UK. I need to bring it to Thailand and I need to know the exact size of the Akai so I can make the shipping structure out of Styrofoam before I depart for the UK as my time will be limited in the UK. So if you have one of these machines can you please measure it and reply to my post with these measurements. I need the width to include the wooden sides, the height of the side panels (feet have been taken off) I believe there is nothing protruding below these panels. Then I need to know the depth of the wooden panels and if there is anything sticking out the back of the machine (sockets for the cables etc and how much they protrude) and I also need to know how much the spindles and head and switches etc protrude from the wooden panels. I am going to buy a hard sided suitcase for the transportation and to minimize any possible damage to the machine I want the machine encased in Styrofoam to fit snugly into the case. I have to order the right size case to be delivered to my address in the UK, fly into the UK with the premade Styrofoam encasement, assemble the machine into the Styrofoam, slip it snuggly into the case without much alteration. It may sound a bit complicated but I want it with me here in Thailand undamaged as these machines are as rare as rocking horse s___ in Thailand.If any kind person can do this for I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Regards Keith Johnson

Re: Akai GX-4000D

The owners manual says:
17.3" x 12.4" x 9.1"
Weight - 29.1 lbs.

Re: Akai GX-4000D

Thanks for that, but I guess that 9.1 inches includes the spindles but what I need to know is the depth of the wooden side panels. Regards Keith