I'm pretty sure the Luxman R-11x series receivers all had E-I core transformers not toroidal style & the R-114 was the only model in the lineup that did not have a CD direct button but, it did have a tone in/out button to bypass tone controls. From what i have read, the CD direct button made very little to no sound quality difference.
Great sounding receiver, I found it at a thrift shop for $7.00 in great condition...couldn't pass up that deal. There is limited information on the R-114, seems to be way more info on the 113, 115 & 117. In fact, I have a magazine ad for the R-11x series receivers & the R-114 is not even pictured or mentioned. The 114 must have came out a little later.
Does anyone have ANY manual or service information to donate to hifiengine? Here's what I've put together so far. Owners or Service manual would be great.
Features / Specifications:
• Rated 50 watts per channel @ 8 ohms with less than 0.08% THD
• Heavy duty toroidal power transformer
• Digital AM/FM tuner with 20 memory presets and signal strength indicator
• 25/50 kHz FM fine tuning capability
• CD direct switch bypasses tone controls for purer sound quality
• Switchable subsonic filter
• Headphone jack
• Selectable loudness
• Loudness / tone defeat /subsonic filters
• Pre-out / main-in loop for adding processor or equalizer
• Inputs for CD, phono, 2 tape decks & 2 video sound
• AUX or AV inputs for DVD
• Output for 2 pair of speakers (A&B speaker outputs)
• Switched and unswitched AC outlets
• Measures 17 1/4" W x 4 1/4" H x 13 1/2"
• Weighs about 18 pounds
Design and Content © HiFi Engine 2006-2016
FAQ | Site Policy