hifi engine

Aiwa AD-F660

Anyone who can provide me a PDF-or scanned version of a
service manual from Aiwa for a AD-F660 cassettedeck.
I haven't used it for quite a few years and now it doesn't work properly
anymore.
All seems to function, only the heads and the pinch rollers do not move anymore.
Tape is running, I can go fast forward and rewind, but because the heads dont move no sound is produced and tape speed is too high.

AD-F660 repair

May be you have the same problem of my AD-F660.
It was only a little transistor. Please check if Head mechanism motor is good (it move up and down the head mechanism. You can easily drive it with a battery, i don't remember if 6V or 12V. Please, look it). If motor work i think you have the same problem i had. You need only change that little transistor.
If you ask me i will look which is his mother board number and which is his compatible version.
Regards, Daniele.

Aiwa F990

looking for a service manual for my AD-F990

regards

Alec

Re: Aiwa AD-F660

robbie44nl wrote:
Anyone who can provide me a PDF-or scanned version of a
service manual from Aiwa for a AD-F660 cassettedeck.
I haven't used it for quite a few years and now it doesn't work properly
anymore.
All seems to function, only the heads and the pinch rollers do not move anymore.
Tape is running, I can go fast forward and rewind, but because the heads dont move no sound is produced and tape speed is too high.

Quote:
I do not have the item you requested....but you may be able to help me. I recently purchased (2) Ad-F660's at an auction. Both play well, but I can't get them to record. What is the proper proceedure to record? I depress the RECORD button\ nothing happens. I depress the RECORD and PLAY buttons together and nothing happens. Can you direct me?

rec button

pressing only teh record button should do the job.
no need to press it simultaneously with the play button.

AD-FF60

The aiwa Ad-FF60 uses the capstan belt to drive the cam proptly in the position for headblock assembly rising to the tape.
Maybe this belt of your deck breaks or melt. So you canfast forward or rewind but get not to playback.
Try to exchange the belts may get good result.

good luck
KT Nang

Aiwa AD-F660

Hi,

If it helps I can send you the service manual of my AD-F990. As far as I know there are similarities in the mechanics...

Best Regards

Zsolt Nyúzó

Service manual of AD-F990

Hi,
good you send me a copy of this machine(please in pdf-format) because i have a japanese version AD-FF90 with defect mechanic ?

Thank
KT Nang