hifi engine

Also Am-2250

I wonder if anyone can help; I have an am-2250 that keeps blowing a 2v fuse. I'm running a pioneer pl-s40 tt through the tape input via a cheap radio shack preamp due to the phono input registering hardly audible distortion. It sounds great when it works but after I power it down I turned it back on and nada- checked the fuse after just having changed it and sure enough it's blown- to the best of my knowledge it's the correct voltage fuse.

Any advice is appreciated- thinking I need to clean the pots to get the phono input working but not sure how to go about this

Re: Also Am-2250

The fuse is there to protect your equipment. If it blows means something is drawing too much current. Never use a higher value. If you look on net you may find videos and other information about cleaning pots and trouble shooting. Could be the amp needs bias and/or DC offset adjusted see service manual. Think about replacing electrolytics in the power supply and driver boards at minimum. Maybe this link will help https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&....

Re: Akai Am-2250

Damn auto correct- AKAI am-2250 and yes I meant 2amp fuse

Re: Also Am-2250

Who makes the AM-2250? I think you mean 2 amp fuse.