hifi engine

Beolab 8000

The power supply of one my speakers is not working any more. Where could one get a spare part? My B&O dealer asks for 900 US$ (here in Switzerland) for a replacement, which is IMHO totally over the top! Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

Re: Beolab 8000

I do have friends, but not one is able to build such a device. Do you know of anybody? A shop you could recommend?

Thanks

karodimitrov's picture

In Bulgaria there is still no dealer of B & O. When I can not find something to buy it-renovated old. By looking scheme-even need rewinding the transformer or its replacement by another, repairs will be around 100-150 euro.Maksimum. If the transformer is ok, virtually no big problems.If a friend of yours can measure whether the transformer is operating normally, and if gives the normal voltage-repair you is simple.In Bulgaria we do not replace a module, or anything else, if it can be repaired:)))

karodimitrov's picture

P.S. In the primary winding of the transformer has a thermal fuse. Very often it excludes from overheating. Check it at least.

karodimitrov's picture

Just upload full service manual for Beolab 8000.After few days it will be published here.If you can-redo it alone.If not-ask a friend.