hifi engine

Fisher CA-110 Service manual need

Hallo
I have the Fisher CA 110 amp and I need the service manual to repair it
The problem is that when I switch the mono to stereo buton the one channel go down about 70% then when I move the knob a little bit it works again 100%.
I tried to clean it very gentle but the problem remains
Can anybody help? Thanks

Re: Fisher CA-110

Could be a bad solder connection almost anywhere in the audio circuit, or a dirty tape monitor switch, or dirty protection relay if it uses one.

Thanks for your reply
I think it is possible but I cant see anything like this
The amp is over 30 years old but it is so clean inside and like came out of the box a week ago
I will try to spray some air around the knob area

If the problem is dirty controls or switches then you will need a control cleaner like Deox-it or a tuner cleaner spray; air will not clean it. Capacitors can go bad just from age; it doesn't matter how clean the chassis is.

I Tried but it remains
in Greece where I live Deox-it is not exist
I need the service manual but I cant find it
Maybe my wife threw it away
I hope somebody in the forum have it and post it
Thanks Johnysan

Hi there.
I've got the service manual for this one. I just bought it digitally for a few dollars. However if you don't like spending money on it (which I assume you don't, since you are greek), you can just give me your email, and I'll mail you the .pdf file, all free of charge.
It is called "Studio Standard (by Fisher) ca-110.
Mine would growl very loudly in one channel, if you popped it, tapped it or even almost just touched the amplifier in any place. It was a bad relay. Didn't work well to even sand the contacts of the relay, with silicone carbide sandpaper, which is the proper stuff, to clean such contacts with. You won't most likely be able to obtain a replacement of the original relay, but just find one, that has the same functions. (Single coil, twin normally open contacts) As well as the right voltage and not a much greater amperage. You can relate new ones you find, to the schematic diagram.

thank you very much
it will help me a lot
Its true that in Greece the thinks are not so good
and tend to go worst(bank capital controls)
I will try to fix it by myself.The problem looks the same with your
description maybe is this amps weak point
I did message to you my email
thank you very much for your advice and help
jerkwaad