hifi engine

Fisher RS-737 receiver will not turn on from standby mode. Service manual???

Ok. Had the power go out at my house this AM and comeback on a second later. Went on a day trip and went to watch news tonight. Red standby light is on like normal, but when I push button to power on receiver it does nothing. I tried the remote too and still will not power on. Noticed my son had turned both a and b speakers on, while nothing connected to b speakers, nothing else out of the ordinary. I turned b speakers off. I unplugged it and tried later, same deal. Read on fixya to unplug speakers, so I turned off a speakers and disconnected surround sound speakers and still no dice. Is there a internal fuse to check on this receiver? I can only find an owners manual for the similar rs-727 on this site. It is plugged into a surge protector and it has the protected light on though the light is red??? Any help appreciated.

Bruce

Re: Fisher RS-737 receiver will not turn on from standby ...

Just ordered a Service Manual on eBay.... must be a common problem as hand written on cover is see pg 35 for receive self shut off. I found a page on diy site about rs727 with similar problem. Here is a link to that... http://www.diyforums.net/need-help-with-some-older-fisher-rs727-reciever... if it might help someone to decipher for me....

Bruce

Re: Fisher RS-737 receiver will not turn on from standby ...

I would check the filter capacitors in the standby power supply; this will probably have a relay for powering on the receiver.