hifi engine

Fisher RS-737 receiver will not turn on from standby mode. Service manual???

Ok. Had the power go out at my house this AM and comeback on a second later. Went on a day trip and went to watch news tonight. Red standby light is on like normal, but when I push button to power on receiver it does nothing. I tried the remote too and still will not power on. Noticed my son had turned both a and b speakers on, while nothing connected to b speakers, nothing else out of the ordinary. I turned b speakers off. I unplugged it and tried later, same deal. Read on fixya to unplug speakers, so I turned off a speakers and disconnected surround sound speakers and still no dice. Is there a internal fuse to check on this receiver? I can only find an owners manual for the similar rs-727 on this site. It is plugged into a surge protector and it has the protected light on though the light is red??? Any help appreciated.

Bruce

Re: Fisher RS-737 receiver will not turn on from standby ...

Just ordered a Service Manual on eBay.... must be a common problem as hand written on cover is see pg 35 for receive self shut off. I found a page on diy site about rs727 with similar problem. Here is a link to that... http://www.diyforums.net/need-help-with-some-older-fisher-rs727-reciever... if it might help someone to decipher for me....

Bruce

I would check the filter capacitors in the standby power supply; this will probably have a relay for powering on the receiver.

I had the same problem the thing you want to do is you want to leave it unplugged away from anything electrical. The problem is the the surge of electricity sent to much power through it so it has to discharge it.