hifi engine

Gallian-Kruger MB-200 Bass Amp

Hello, out there. I have been searching for the service manual for Gallian Kruger's MB-200 bass amp. It weights about 2 pounds but is a power plant in a very small package. When I turn it on it immediately goes into the thermal over-load mode. I think the thermal sensor "transistor" is the problem - I have replace the cooling fan but it still fails on start-up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you! Steve.

Re: Gallian-Kruger MB-200 Bass Amp

I have never worked on one, but I was under the impression that Gallian-Kruger does not give out service information and that you need to send product to them for repairs.

Thank you for replying. I kind of figured after an exhaustive search for the manual. I do appreciate the information.

Hi, i worked on that amp end this fault is not fault of thermal sensor. I think you would check power supply first. When one of the + and/or - voltage fail, thermal protect is active.

That is very helpful information. Thank you. From another posted comment, I’ll do some more troubleshooting without tearing too much up, and probably end up sending it to a Service Company.