hifi engine

Hafler P500 speaker relays are missing.

Can someone tell me what voltage, brand, model number or anything about these? I have both manuals for the p500 and DH500 which are similar but different. Still there is no reference other than there's supposed to be a relay. I bought 2 of these recently that were altered by McCune Audio back in the day. They have one big plug in the back for power and relay circuit. I traced every wire according to the manual/assembly guide. Everything's as it should be with the exception of the relay.

The owner's manual is a bit goofy; it includes a schematic, parts list and instructions on assembly, but the information for the relay is seriously lacking (just says plastic encased).
The capacitor in the relay circuit is rated at 100 volts and there is a 1500 ohm 2 watt resistor in series with the relay coil, so I would guess that the coil rating might be 48 volts; I would take voltage readings in the circuit and go from there. Obviously the voltage is being dropped to a usable level for the relay; you may be able to change that 1500 ohm resistor to make a 24 volt relay work.
I think a contact rating of 25 or 30 amps would be adequate for an amplifier of this size.
Hope this helps.

AC or DC? I'm a speaker guy. Usually I don't mess with amps. However these are monsters and I really want to incorporate them into my already out of control system. My neighbors? Oh yeah they love me. Thanx for your help.

25 or 30 amps DC rating. There are several types of relays and it is doubtful you could find the same type. You may have to mount it to the back panel or another location.

Thanx again. As luck would have it there's a guy on ebay with brand new factory P500 relays.