hifi engine

harman kardon 730

I have an hk 730 that has 1 channel that is not working, in any input, in the headphones as well as speakers. I checked the inner fuses, that seem to be fine. What should I check next, and how can I check it? Thanks

Re: harman kardon 730

I would clean the tape monitor switch then the protection relay contacts. Actuate the tape monitor switch several times to see if your audio comes back.

I tried the tape monitor switch...still only right channel. Where are the protection relay contacts? My daughter had it, and one channel stopped working. Could it be the balance potentiometer or the amp for the left channel? Which is more likely to all of a sudden stop? Thanks, Mike

Not likely to be the balance pot. That receiver has fuses; I think you have to remove the bottom panel to get to them. If any are blown I would check your speaker cables, then the speakers. Was she playing it at high volume?

Yes. I tried what you suggested,,,, and one of them worked! I cleaned the tape monitor contacts, and reset the relays, and the channel is back!! This thing got me through college, kids, and the 2nd of my kids to use it... she had it for 2 weeks and the channel was out...it has been a tank (with great sound). Thanks Again!!! Mike