hifi engine

information regarding the Sony STR-222L

Hello there,

I recently picked up an Sony STR-222L Stereo AM/FM receiver.
After doing some research on the internet I realised that its really difficult to find information about this particular model receiver, if any of you happen to know something about this reciever feel free to leave a comment.

Re: information regarding the Sony STR-222L

I uploaded the specs for the Sony STR-222, it is probably the same as the L model, the letter may indicate the type of cabinet used. The specs should be in the library in a few days

Thanks for your time sir, do you by any chance also have the service manual?

i am scanning the manual but will take a few days, it is over 50 pages, will upload when I get it finished

the manual has been uploaded Aug 30, 2019

STR-222L adds Longwave band reception to the '222 (LW is 30 - 300 kHz). This band is below the AM band frequencies. Additional function is accommodated by two push-switches allowing the AM selection to choose LW or MW bands within AM spectrum. Many Sony units which supported LW were built without the necessary components (ST-5055L for example) to create the standard variant. It may be the case that '222 manual will provide most all details for service and repair of the L version, sans components specific to LW reception (tuning coil, switches, etc.). The L version has LW and MW switches to the right of rotary selector

ah, thanks for the help, i will look into the STR-222 manual.