hifi engine

Is the TEAC 4070G reel to reel and the A-4070G reel to reel the same model or different?

I have 3 questions:
I have a TEAC 4070G reel to reel and I wanted to know if it was the same as the A-4070G reel to reel for ordering parts. I need to replace both belts.

Also, are the tubes marked "oil" for lubrication of the motors/spindles? There are three places to put in oil. Would 3in1 machine oil work?

What is the best way to clean the heads?

I would greatly appreciate any advise/opinions or referral to websites

Cathodyne's picture

Re: Is the TEAC 4070G reel to reel and the A-4070G reel to ...

Use isopropyl alcohol USP from a drug store. It should be close to 100% pure isopropyl alcohol. Regular rubbing alcohol is about 70% isopropyl alcohol, and contains lubricants and other compounds that you'll want to keep away from the capstan and pinch roller.

Teac's brand of head cleaner was trichlorotriflouroethane, which worked great as a head cleaner, but was not so good for the environment.

karodimitrov's picture

Re: Is the TEAC 4070G reel to reel and the A-4070G reel to ...

Hi.
First-they are the same
Second-before lubrication-thoroughly clean the old grease with some kind of spray.If you do not know what is the oil-better use thin spindle or hydraulic oil.
Third-the best way to clean the heads is with some kind of clean alcohol cotton rolled a wooden stick(in no case metal!!!).And remember, it is better to demagnetize the heads.
And-luck!!!