hifi engine

JVC KD-VR320 Owners Manual Anyone? Plus. . . 44 year old casstte tape.

Hi, I've been on VE off and on for a few years and just bought another cassette deck. . the JVC KD-VR320 and looking for an owners manual to copy? Don't know why I bought this, except I wanted at least one auto reverse unit to add to my original Teac A-450, Sanyo Plus D55, and Philips FC-50. I've been buying belts and restoring operation to these fine decks. The older ones had "gummy belt syndrome".

On another note, I still have most of the tapes I made when I got my first stereo cassette deck in 1968. . a Concord F-105. I had that till I went into the service and then bought a Standard (an actual brand), then an AKAI in 1972. So then, these 44+ year old tapes still play and the tape isn't shedding that I can tell. And some of these tapes were played repeatedly on my Craig Power Play under dash cassette units in my cars. Amazing, I think. Do they sound "good"? Well, they were dubs form 45s and LPs played on my Garrard SL95 with and M3D cart in it, routed through an EICO tube preamp with tone control equalization to boost the highs and bass at times. No. . . they sound quite tired actually, but still amazing and I can remember some "activities" I took part in when these tapes were new. I actually think these tapes may outlast me!

TubesGalore's picture

Re: JVC KD-VR320 Owners Manual Anyone? Plus. . . 44 year old ...

It's been over 3 years since this request was posted but I have an instruction book for the JVC KD-VR320 so if yo still need a copy I'd be glad to get it to you. Tom

Just acquired this deck from a thrift store and would love to get a copy of the manual. Would you be willing to copy it? Or put it up here as a pdf?

Best,
Eileen

TubesGalore's picture

The JVC KD-VR320 is the deck that I use all the time. It's a great deck. The JVC equipment from the 1970s thru early 1980s is excellent and it flies under the radar so JVC cost less then similar Pioneer and other big names. It is 32 pages. I'll make pdf copies and I'll send to the site owner for posting. I can email to you if he doesn't post it. Tom

That would be very nice, thank you for doing that.

I love the features f this deck compared to the older one I had. The only issue I have with it is that it is very loud. When powered on it produces a loud rumbling sound that is very annoying, especially in soft passages.

-Eileen