hifi engine

Marantz 2218 Power-up Issue....Service Manual

I need some help please. My 2218 that I have owned for 20 years won't power up. I don't see much on the 2218 on-line, and I can't find a service manual for it. I have removed the covers and observed that the the 3 available fuses are not blown. Lights don't come on. There is no sign of life. It worked fine until one morning then nothing.
I had it plugged into a surge protected working outlet. The surge protector indicates that the surge protector is in working order.
The 2218 transformer doesn't get warm. So, I am thinking the transformer, the on/off switch, or a relay is bad. I didn't see what would look like a relay to me if there is one inside the 2218.
I looked at the pcbs and did not see any leaking capacitors, burned resistors or other failed components.
I haven't been able to locate a 2218 service manual. I did observe the 2215 manual and the pcbs. The 2215 appears to be close to the 2218. I don't know the theory of operation and design of audio equipment. For example, maybe the common fault is the pre-amp board or a set of transistors.
Thanks.

Marantz 2218 Power-up Issue....Service Manual

Service manual added to the library, thanks to sbirov

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/marantz/2218.shtml