hifi engine

marantz 2275

HD 880's's picture

The left channel will not work when on phono in stereo just some static ,both channel work on all the other selection tape,aux and radio dose anyone have any ideas .Thanks for the help. you guys are great I was able to fix my unit because of your instructions to replace the phono caps 403 & 404.It now sounds like Sweet music to my ears. Much thanks to you all !

Re: marantz 2275

I worked for Marantz in the 1970's. That model was famous for bad transistors in the phono pre-amp.
I suggest replacing them in pairs. Also a bad coupling capacitor in the phono pre-amp can give you that problem

HD 880's's picture

Thanks for your help, can they be checked in place or do they have to be removed before testing. And can you tell me what terminals points to check and the values to look for.

To do his correctly, you need a signal / audio generator and an oscilloscope, otherwise it is just a stab in the dark.

HD 880's's picture

Thanks for all your help, I replaced caps 403 & 404 in the phono section and the unit works great, music to my ears.You will never know how much your help means to me, don't you ever die. Thank you-Thank you-Thank you !

karodimitrov's picture

I am glad that I helped and that you understand my bad English.:)))
Regards!

HD 880's's picture

I don't have either of these what do you suggest first ,caps and or transistors.

karodimitrov's picture

You can check them if you compare the voltages between the two channels.Maybe static, but may be wrong.Particularly for capacitors.2 channels - compare them.The difference between the voltages in the in identical points will lead to the truth.If you have a transferring capacitor-not measure it.Touch it with hand-if hum-OK.The signal passes.If not-check.All amplifiers operate on the same principle -2-channel exactly the same. One works - other -no. Your job is to find the difference between the worker and the other one.

HD 880's's picture

Thanks for all your help, I replaced caps 403 & 404 in the phono section and the unit works great, music to my ears.You will never know how much your help means to me, don't you ever die. Thank you-Thank you-Thank you !

HD 880's's picture

Hey I just checked the caps in the phono section with my hand ,the rightside hums not so with the left.

karodimitrov's picture

See the point in which the signal is lost.It may be a capacitor, can also be a transistor.Just fix it.

HD 880's's picture

Ok I will try to check for a difference between them when I get home from work this evening,do you know of other sights that may have better wiring diagr.

karodimitrov's picture

No,but i thing this works.You have 6 transistors(3 per channel)Page 40...left side-phono amp-P400.From here:
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/marantz/2275.shtml
H401...H406

karodimitrov's picture

Yesterday i repair SONY STR-DE515.All voltages are OK,but signal is too weak.Touch with hand L & R channels-By schematic-surround processor-LV 1016 is gone.Bypass-Sony works.While delivering my new chip:))And...So...

karodimitrov's picture

I think bad capacitor,but if you want to change the transistors i suggest 2SC1313-with max.amplification

Swapped the left and right cables on the Turntable? Does the tbl follow the swap?

HD 880's's picture

Yes I swapped the cables and it's still out. Thanks for your trying to help ,this is my first time on any fourm.

karodimitrov's picture

Check the selector switch.Turn it several times quickly - sometimes so clean himself (if the problem is there)You may need to open and clean it.If the problem is not in him- the other option is the phono-preamp.