hifi engine

marantz sr 2000 blows fuses

my sr 2000 suddenly started blowing its main fuse in back, replaced 4x but still wont hold a fuse. please help, thk u.

Re: marantz sr 2000 blows fuses

I will have to disagree with replacing the power transformer, which is NOT likely to be the problem. The problem is most likely to be one or both of the STK0080 power modules, or possibly a shorted filter capacitor or rectifier in the power supply.

According to the schematic, there may not be fuses to protect the rectifiers and filter capacitors in the power supply (only jumper wires). This means that the power transformer is only protected by the main fuse when there is a short in this circuit. The problem may have started with a bad STK0080 audio amplifier module. This is a very common failure; a bad power transformer is NOT a common failure.

karodimitrov's picture

My idea was to get to the truth step by step. It's difficult one comment to solve the problem.

karodimitrov's picture

I wrote to remove the four fuses.If main fuse blows again....What STK. It is not powered.If after removing the fuses problem disappears-the problem is somewhere after the power supply unit.Perhaps you have not understood me correctly.May indeed be shorted capacitor or rectifier, but in all cases the receiver must be opened.
And I think if STK burned will not blow the main fuse. Must blow two fuse inside the unit, those for +35 and -35 volts (F802, F803)

karodimitrov's picture

You should remove all 4 fuses inside the receiver (F 802,F 803,F 804,F 805) and then switch ON power supply.If the main fuse blows again-you must replace the power transformer.