hifi engine

Marantz SR5200 Power Issue

I have a Marantz SR 5200. I tried to turn the unit on with remote and main switch, but nothing. The standby light was lit at the time. I tried unplugging and reconnecting to power, now no standby light and no power at all. I tried leaving unplugged for several minutes and still no power (or standby light), not even to the unswitched plug on the rear. Yes, I also tried another power source for the unit and no luck. I have not located any fuse for theunit as yet, unless someone can point me in the right direction. Thoughts??

If the receiver uses a remote control then you should check the capacitors in the standby power supply circuit. There usually is a small power transformer and a relay with some components around it; check also for bad solder connections.

No power to the unswitched plug on the rear means you either tripped your outlet circuit breaker, or the power cord is damaged by the plug, or where it connects to the back of the unit. The unswitched outlet in the rear of the receiver is hard connected to the line cord.
Tom