hifi engine

Marantz SR5300 trouble shooting

My Marantz SR5300 has worked beautifully. I just returned to the location where I keep it and it won't power up. The red light on the front panel is lit but when I hit the Power button the screen briefly flashes but it doesn't turn on. Any suggestions? The manual doesn't have a trouble shooting section.
Thank you.

I don't see anything about this here, but I've recently been told that the glue Marantz used under components mounted in circuit boards (I.E. capacitors, wire wound resistors etc., but NOT the white grease used as a thermal conductor between transistors and heat sinks) is actually conductive now after 30+ years of holding various components securely to the circuit boards.
I checked the glue under various caps in a 4060 as well as a 4270, and a 4140, all produced in different years, and only the 4060 glue conducted electricity, and only under two caps of all the caps in the unit.
I don't know if it's due to age, heat produced by individual item on board, amount of current that has run through individual components or what, but I did find that after removing cap from the board, the glue did indeed conduct. I made sure that it hadn't seeped into the component holes on the circuit board, somehow making a connection that my VTVM could register. The amount of glue was minimal under the cap, but it did indeed show up as a dead short. The other models didn't conduct, so is it an isolated case in units made in a particular year or item production run? Since I was told about this by another Marantz nut that had found it in his gear to begin with, I doubt it's an isolated case. If this is a recurring issue, this could short out the component on the board, and drive you crazy trying to repair it, as who'd suspect conductive glue?!

Just an issue to consider, IMHO.
Good luck to you!

Thank you for the thoughtful note. Still working on it.

Happy New Year.

Power supply capacitors may be bad. I think yours uses a remote control; the circuit for powering the receiver uses a relay and the capacitors around this may be bad (it is usually on a separate small circuit board). Sometimes it is just easier to replace all the capacitors on the board than figuring out which ones are bad.

Thank you very much and a Happy New Year.