hifi engine

NAD 3140 connected to IPOD dock

Hi, My partner moved the NAD this morning and now when we plug the Ipod dock into the NAD 3140 Aux connections there is no sound. The only place we can get sound is the Normal In connectors. However, plugging in at Normal In has no volume control. Obviously something is now wrong and a button may have been pushed or something not plugged in that should be. I have been reading the user manual but can't figure anything out. I know nothing so please spoon feed me if you can help. Much appreciated, Tracey

Re: NAD 3140 connected to IPOD dock

Are the preamp-out connections joined to the normal in connections with the supplied links (or phono cables).

Thank you so much JaS. All working now. Partner is painting the house and moving everything himself so I guess we can't blame him for forgetting about the connection. Without your help though I would probably have been searching the internet for days for clues. Very much appreciated, Tracey

Thank you for your quick reply. Did I mention I know nothing? That is the truth. Ok, there is nothing plugged into the preamp-out connections. The Ipod dock - for the moment - is plugged into the normal in connections.

Have now gone back to the manual in light of your note and see that the preamp & normal in should be connected with metal u shaped clips. We bought this unit second hand quite a long time ago. Have discussed with partner and he now remembers taking this connection off. Have to wait as he is still moving things to plug power back in and test it out. However, sounds like you have solved the problem for me. Thank you so much. I will comment again as soon as I can test it out to confirm it is all working again.

Forgot to mention that the Ipod dock is the only input plugged in.