hifi engine

Need help with HH Scott R326 am/fm receiver

I have a working unit but I would like to have someone go through it and make all necessary adjustments. Main problems: when in Stereo mode, my FM signal goes to poor or worse so i always need to keep it out of Stereo. the second and only other thing I can see is the signal strength meter never moves.

Can anyone recommend the next step?

I just down loaded the manual but dont have all the necessary tools/equipment to really troubleshoot either of those listed problems. I would really love to have the Stereo working properly.

Thanks.

Re: Need help with HH Scott R326 am/fm receiver

do you have a good antenna connected to the fm ant input? weak signals will give you your problem

Thanks for your note, I do have the old standard 300 ohm tv lead antenna that is about 5-6 ft accross and is made for such receivers, however; just this morning I was wondering if I should put an antenna outside to see if that would help. This receiver is in a concrete block built room with one window so I agree with you but haven't tried a better design.(yet)

This sounds like more of a problem, than adjustments, unless someone already tried adjusting, and it is now out of wack. This unit is I believe a Digital unit?? or is it analog?? I don't see any variable capacitor in the schematic, so it seems to be a digital tuner.

Where are you located??. I am in Bay ridge Brooklyn NY.

I have not purchased a new fm antenna which I need to do. I am located in Jacksonville, FL. I have never had the top off the unit so i'm not sure if anyone has previously messed with it!