hifi engine

parts for a dynaco QSA300?

I have a QSA300 that has been in storage. I'm trying to get it set up and one of the meters is broken. I can't seem to find much on it. Does anyone know how I can get a replacement or a manual?

Re: parts for a dynaco QSA300?

The front section with the meter clear face is busted up with pieces missing. It can't even be glued back together. The back with the meter movement has one ear broken off. The case can be repaired and the meter movement seems OK, though the pointer is mangled.

I'm pretty sure I could get the meter working if I had an intact meter that didn't work, or just the front section. Even if I didn't have a working meter, just a meter case to fill the hole would look better than some old hunk of plastic.

Good luck in your search for one of those meters; the QSA-300 amplifier was not a big seller for Dynaco. The ST-150 amplifier used the same meters, just 2 of them. You can try searching on Ebay and hope for a blown amp with meters.

Are you sure the meter is bad? Could be dirty pushbutton switches or a problem on the board they are mounted to. If the meters have nuts on the terminals you can try tightening them.

The meter case is busted and the needle is broken off, so there's not much troubleshooting. Somehow something was poked into the box while it was in storage.

The meter is non repairable if the needle pointer is broken. I do have a schematic for the QSA 300 I can scan an email to you.

Andy

The meter movement seems OK. The pointer is mangled, but probably can be straightened. The problem is that the case itself was badly broken, and enough pieces are missing that I don't have enough to fill the hole or attach the movement. I may just get a piece of dark plastic to cover the hole, but I was hoping for a meter. Even just an intact case with a bad movement would do.

When you say the case is broken, are you talking about the meter front bezel with the see thru glass which can be popped off, or the rear black plastic body itself that holds the meter assembly?