hifi engine

Philips EL3548A Reel to Reel (1962)

Apparently this is a hybrid valve/transistor machine. I have just acquired one and am yet to open it up for want of time. But it is very clean, and was bought for spares, but it would be a sin not to just restore it and pass it on. If anyone has a service manual or circuit diagram, this would be very welcome, and I am happy to reimburse. Thanks.

I am also on a quest for belts for a N4407 machine - these, notoriously, break down over time. The O-ring solution seems a good one, but it would be a labour of love to relate belt diameter and section to available O-ring stock and supplier, then cross reference the number to appropriate machine, etc. I don't have a spare 10 years! Any thoughts welcome...

have you tried salvaging belts from vhs recorders those can stretch abit to about 150mm or theres jaycar electronics they sell a bag of various sizes for 19 dollars there onlinestore should help
hope this info helps

Many thanks for that. I shall try both options you suggest. The vhs machines are common & even I've got a couple stowed away. Really good solution.