hifi engine

Pioneer---MZ130 Diode

hi there I have a sx690 amp & I need a mz130 zener diode. Has anyone got any for sale or is there an equivalent for this diode as I can't find one anywhere. All the best steve

sguarra's picture

Pioneer---MZ130 Diode

MZ-130 NTE Equivalent NTE5022A ZENER DIODE - 13.0V

512-1N5243B Fairchild 13 V, 0.5W Zener

Pioneer---MZ130 Diode

Hi there sguara thank you for you replying to my request. The diodes you suggested I looked up the data sheet on them and I am a bit confused.The data on the mz 130 says =
mz 130
Tollerance=5%
Normal reference volts=300v
Max diss watts=3
Test current A 3.0 MA
Max DYN IMP 1.9k
Max coff tc =11
Max Temp 175A
DWG no A 146j
could you please help me as I am a novice at this and am still learning - thank you for your time all the best-steve

Pioneer---MZ130 Diode

I seriously doubt that Pioneer would use a 3 watt zener for that application; that is probably the maximum short term power it can dissipate. It's probably .5 watt as stated.
For your needs the only consideration is voltage, power and tolerance; you need a 13 volt zener, .5 to 1 watt and 5% or better tolerance.
You can get the NTE type at most electronics parts stores, but any zener with those specs will work. Note polarity when installing.

Pioneer---MZ130 Diode

Hi there thank you for your help and time very great full as this is all new to me and I still have so much to learn.all the best steve.

sguarra's picture

Pioneer---MZ130 Diode

MZ130 = MZ-130 ( WZ130 = WZ - 130)

Zener 13 volt