hifi engine

Pioneer Rondo 2000 service manual

Hi,

I recently got a Pioneer Rondo 2000 receiver from my friend, the tuner part is working fine but the audio amplifier does not work, this is a good amplifier so I don't want to throw it away so I am trying to repair it. I try to search for service manual in the web but cannot get it, any chance to get a copy from the folks here?

Thanks

Re: Pioneer Rondo 2000 service manual

Hi there,
I have worked on this amp many times. It is usually the amp chip that blows probably due to speaker wire shorting. There is no protection circuit in this unit. It is easy to identify in the unit - its the 2 BIG black chips sitting against the heatsink. You have noted the number so am sure you know which one. Each channel has its own chip. Just some info about the naming of the unit: The name Rondo 2000 only appears in Southern Africa as far as I know. That same unit is called the Rondo 3000X/YA in Australia. However in the rest of the world the Rondo 3000 is a very different set! In South Africa the Rondo 3000 is the music centre known as the KH-4455 in the rest of the world. Bizarre hey! Why Pioneer did this is anyone's guess. Another example of their confusing and duplicating model numbers is the speakers CS-979. This model number appears on 2 different Pioneer speakers from different release years. So if you're looking for info or spares for vintage Pioneer you be advised to check the model number you have if there are different numbers and names in different regions for that same unit! And it's not just Pioneer that has this issue. Try looking for info on the Blaupunkt cosmos music centre. Well in other countires (outside South Africa) its known as the Crown music centre!!

The Rondo 3000 schematic is here (might be close enough); it shows two fuses in the power amplifier. Also, the speaker output goes through the headphone jack; if this jack is dirty it can interrupt audio to the speakers.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Please let me know how to download the manual as this is my first time to use database via hifiengine.

Best regards

KS Yan

Go to the Library here; click on Pioneer, then Audio Video Systems, then scroll down to Rondo 3000, then click on service manual. It may be close enough.

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your helps.

I have checked this and it seems this Rondo 3000 has different power amp circuitry, the power Amp in Rondo 3000 is power transistors driven but Rondo 2000 uses IC module for power Amp - AGH033.

Would you please help again using your wide spectrum of knowledge base / network as to repair and keep this Rondo 200 vintage amp does have sentimental meaning to me.

Much appreciated your help again.

Best regards

KS Yan

If the problem is not fuses then I would suspect the power amplifier module.

Hi guys, I am sitting with the same problem and suspect the output ICs mentioned, however the writing on the chips has been mostly rubbed off by someone. If anyone knows the correct number for the chips (I believe it is something like STK***) the * being numbers, please let me know. A service manual would also be appreciated if anyone can supply one.