hifi engine

Pioneer sx 727

Hello how do u go about hooking up amp to this receaver I no u plug in the 2 plugs in back is they all I need to do and just turn very new to this stuff any help would be great thank you

karodimitrov's picture

Re: Pioneer sx 727

And like last option if your amp does not have a volume control you can use the headphones output to connection with the amp.In this case you can use all the resources of the receiver(volume,bass treble.balance...).In addition, thus excluding the speakers to the unit and you can safely use other speakers to the amplifier without hearing those of 727.

The pre-amp out is fixed level; the volume control will not control this audio. If your power amplifier has a volume control, you can use the pre-amp out of the SX-727. If it does not have a volume control then you will have almost full volume all the time.

karodimitrov's picture

You need to remove the two jumpers on the back of the receiver-PRE OUT and MAIN IN.Then connect PRE OUT outputs with AUX input of the Amplifier.

Great thank u when I turn unit on afterwards i don't have to do anything else ? Plus hooking up a amp will hurt the unit it self . Main reason I'm hooking up just what alittle more power