hifi engine

Problem with my Yamaha CR-400 stereo

So today i ran into a problem when i turned on my stereo. When i turned it on smoke came from the stereo and when i opened it i found this. I printed out the service manual but was unable to read it due to poor quality of it. I want to know what part it is that is broken.

Picture of problem.
http://imgur.com/GNtThxx

Hi,
In this kind of final stage if a problem occurs it is better to measure every transistor,diode and resistor [start with finals and go back 4-5 transistors].Probably the finals are OK. Try first without removing the parts. Compare with other chanel. Use an AVO-meter on Diode scale than on R. Please do not use auto scale. Do not forget capacitors - above 1uF. Of course -power down. If need further asistance write again

karodimitrov's picture

Check the same resistor in the other channel.Think it's 220 ohms.Check too transistor 611 and capacitor.
Turn "off"amplifier and check resistance between all the same points in 2 channels.And fix problem.(sorry for my bad english)Hope you understand me.:)

That is a resistor that burned open. It looks like it is connected to Tr611, which may also be bad and also the blue capacitor. Tr611 appears to be a driver transistor, so you must assume that the output transistors are bad in that channel.

what kind of a resistor is that and where can i find that resistor so i can replace it?

Thanks

Just replacing the resistor will not fix the problem; it appears that Tr611 is bad and probably other parts also.