hifi engine

Rotel RA 1210

I have a Rotel RA 1210, and was wondering if anyone else has had experience with this amp, and what would be the best speaker set up to pair with it ?
Thanks

Re: Rotel RA 1210

I really like my Rotel RA 1210, in the late 70's I had 4 of the large 2 way Advents great combination. Trying to do some research on what speakers would come close to this combination, as I am having difficulty finding a pair of the older Advents.
Thanks

Re: Rotel RA 1210

I have had one for years, It is not my primary amp, but it is one great amp. I worked as repair tech for a shop that sold almost everything under the sun. As with most of the older Rotel gear it was almost indestructible. During its time I never worked on one that was defective or self destructed. The only ones I ever saw were damaged by being dropped, they are heavy and could break a glass shelf, or it was hit by lighting. Now days I see one every now and then. Most of the time the problem is mechanical contacts, Switches and pots getting oxidized. It has a special hard to find pot combination for the balance and volume. These amps will run full power for a long time and never complain. As far as recapping these units, I have yet to find one that the caps dried out.