hifi engine

Sansui 5000s/x

Hi there. I've just inherited a Sansui 5000 s/x tuner-amplifier which is not in too bad a condition. However, the output transistors have been replaced with 2N3055's and the heat-sink is missing. Is there some kind person who can assist me in locating the original output transistors, driver transistors, dial lamps (or recommend a supplier) and also supply a heat-sink plus the correct screws for this unit. I have read the write-ups about this amp and I believe it's quite a good amp! Any comments welcome. Thanks The SoundMan

Sansui 5000s/x

I tore a 5000 down for parts about a year ago...Let me look and see what we kept...

For the lamps go to www.wjoe.com I buy all my lamps there...Quick shipping...Price is the best...

The receivers from the late 60's to early 70's were the best in my opinion...Your receiver fits in this era...I can hear things in the music I don't hear in the next era of receivers...

The stereo wars era late 70's early 80's, was about power...Flash, big knobs and POWER!!!!....Yeah, better specs, blah blah blah...Not that these receivers sound bad, but the older receivers just sound better...

Please e-mail me at rustynailaudio at aol dot com...For easier contact...I hope I can help...

Sansui 5000s/x

Thanks very much for the reply. I really would like to get this old soldier up and running, so whatever spares you can help me with would be greatly appreciated.
I only have e-mail at work, which is workshop at industrocleanpe dot co dot za, so I would like to chat with you about obtaining the bits that I need.
Regards from South Africa.
John aka The Soundman

Sansui 5000s/x

industrocleanpe dot co dot za is this the complete e-mail?...

I remember sending the above message to you but forgot thru which website, so my reply is slow...My name is Howard...
I have the original Output Transistors for the unit I tore down...These are untested...
Qty 2 of TOSHIBA 2SD118 AND SANKEN 2SC1116A
Box is full of other misc circuit boards...
There is no heat sink in the box...
I do not know what a Driver Transistor is, but the circuit board it is part of may be in the box...
The lamps you get from www.wjoe.com
I am not sure if wjoe mails lamps internationally...If not and you get some parts from me, I can send the lamps in the box with my parts...

Sansui 5000s/x

Hi there.
Yes this is great to hear. the e-mail is "workshop at industrocleanpe dot co dot za"(Sorry, the Bill Gates Gremlin crept in on that one!). The heatsink is the most important part as the frame for the transistors is there but with no heatsink this amp gets very hoy very quickly. the heatsink bolts onto the frame and extends out of the rear of the chassis and does it cooling thing there. Shall I e-mail you some photos?
Regards,
The Sound Man