hifi engine

Sansui 9090DB

I inherited my Uncle's Sansui 9090DB 10 years ago. It worked awesome for a long time, and then it quit working. I just got it repaired - they replaced a speaker output fuse and cleaned the volume controls and everything seems to be in order. The sound coming out when I have just the tuner on is beautiful, but I'm not sure I have the CD player properly hooked up. I put it in the PHONO output and the sound quality coming out is horrible with static. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sansui 9090DB

try connecting it to "tape in" or "aux in" or "cassette in" the phono input would have to much amplification

Sansui 9090DB

Hey that worked!!!!!! Oh I am in musical heaven. My house has been begging for this. The acoustics in here are actually pretty decent and the sound just fills every nook and cranny. :)

Sansui 9090DB

CD output can put out 2000mV and that overload Phono preamp absolutely ! Secondly, phono preamp are not linear output -cause it must correct records RIAA pre-emphasis ! Thats varied 20dB boost 20Hz and cut 20kHz 20dB down ! Thats not linear for CD. Aux input are only correct for CD (or DVD) audio signal. Use it.