hifi engine

Sansui 9090db

I have my unit at the shop and the tech is having issues with the power output on the power output board. Can anyone help shed some light on what might be some issues here. I am hopeful I am at the end of trying to bring back this receiver to life.

nks

Re: Sansui 9090db

These units are notorious for certain resistors on the driver board changing values over the decades and messing things up. A competent tech will know which ones to change; they're the ones that look semi-porous vs smooth and shiny. Either get the receiver to a tech experienced with 9090s or have your existing guy change all the resistors on the driver board if he's not sure what he's doing. That's step 1.

Excuse my observation, but it sounds like you brought your receiver to the local handyman, NOT a tech. Unfortunately, anyone can call themselves a tech.

Maybe but your response isn't much help with my problem.

Hi, what johnnysan was trying to tell you was that a good tech will not have any problem repairing the output section of this receiver. So my recommendation is to get the receiver back from this person and find someone that can fix it. If you checkout audiokarma.org and leave a message there looking for a Sansui tech in your area you will probably find someone that will be able to service your receiver in a timely manner.

-bob

Basically, your post is: "There's a problem on the output board." Not very descriptive; my advice is to find the bad parts, remove them, and install good new parts.