hifi engine

Sansui SC1110 replacing main belt

Hi,
I have to replace the rubber belts (totaly 4 belts) in my old Sansui SC1110 deck. The replacing of 3 belts is finished already (and was easy), my problem is the replacing of the main belt now. I have seen that there is a plastic screw on the backside of the flywheel. Unfortunately I can't back out this screw otherwise it would be possible to slip the belt between the flywheel and the metal plate I think.
Any ideas how to solve the problem?

Thank you
Ernie

I haven't looked at the service manual, but that nylon screw is usually held in place with a green glue that can be removed with acetone (just use nail polish remover). Make sure you get it back in the same position. DON'T get acetone on painted or plastic items; it can melt several things.
Or, loosen the bracket that holds the assembly (sometimes this is a pain though).
If there is any residue from the belt on the surfaces it should be removed as it can affect the speed.

You are right, there is a green glue on the nylon screw. I'll try to remove the glue with the nail polish remover of my wife carefully. I have the original Sansui service manual for this device on my desk, there is no note on replacing the capstan belt.
Thank you for your help.