hifi engine

service manual sony tc200

Looking for service manual for Sony TC200 tape recorder. Works well mechanically. Tube model. No audio on either channel. Mics and speakers OK. Any suggestions? Thanks

Re: service manual sony tc200

Are there sockets between lamps and boards? If then, take off by pulling each lamp and clean them with contact cleaner too.
then plug and unplug lamps several times for help cleaning action. (If you can not take off lamps easily apply the cleaner before all)
Check wires for continuity with a tester too.

Clean the record-playback switch.

How? Spray contact cleaner or something stronger? From the top of the switch or from the back?
I have the unit removed from the case.
Sprayed it well with the contact cleaner. No change. Recently moved. Gave away my 'scope (wished I had not). Still have my meter and a schematic for the recorder. Where are a couple of good test points to isolate the no-audio problem?
Thank you.

Is the line voltage select plug still installed? This is a round plug with pins on it. If not installed the deck will not work at all.

The amplifier only has one transistor and two tubes per channel; not much to go wrong. Did the deck stop working only after you moved?

The serial number is 24743. The schematic does not show a voltage adjustment plug and I cannot see one inside the machine. I believe without the plug the pilot lamps and the motor would not work, but they do.
There is, however, a 5-pin Rec/PB plug that the owner's manual says is only used in foreign countries.
If this is the socket to which you are referring, do I have to jumper any pins or add in any extra circuitry to make the unit work?
I moved here at the end of August, but I just purchased the recorder a few days ago. Condition was as-is.
The machine works fine mechanically and I checked the speakers and they work also.
The problem, I think, must be in some circuit component common to both audio channels.
Do you think it might be related to the extra 30A5 tube section that appears to be involved in the erase head area of the circuitry? All 5 tubes light up and get warm. Should I keep spraying the Record/PB switch or try to take it apart or replace it?
Thank you.