hifi engine

Surge fuse..T 1.6a 250V Clear with twisted wire filament

I have just bought a MARANTZ PM57 Amp via Ebay..from a person with 100% Ratings.

After 1 day of successful working it failed. The Fuse towards the back of the amp..behind main transformer..has blown for no apparent reason.

I shall buy another fuse....but should I be suspicious of a bigger problem here...and return it for a refund.

Help please...I'm new to these Forums.

Thanks...John D.

Re: Surge fuse..T 1.6a 250V Clear with twisted wire filament

That is a time delay fuse (slo-blo); get the right fuse. Hard to say why it blew. Were you listening at high volume or bass? Is the AC voltage setting correct? If it blows again, contact the seller

Re: Surge fuse..T 1.6a 250V Clear with twisted wire filament

Thanks a lot Johnnysan. Was not listening at high volume or excess bass. When my Sansui Au417 packed-up for 2nd time I used a small Sony TA70 to drive my gear (only 10w per channel or so) and altho' it got warm...it never blew a slo-blo. This was only for a few weeks until I bought the Marantz pm57.

I had the fab amp Au417 since 1979 with no probs until last year...when it sounded like fish n' chips.Paid £80 to a respected local Repair Guy...but it's happened again. the same or different components have failed. Decided to keep the Au417..but buy a cheapish Marantz on Ebay. Maybe I shouldn't have!

I've advised seller of probs...and will contact if new fuse blows.

Thanks again. John D