hifi engine

TEAC A1200-U Parts

I recently had my father's TEAC A-1200U reel to reel deck refurbished, but I am missing the power cord and the reel holders and I am having a difficult time finding them on the internet. I have tried ebay to no avail and the couple dealers that did carry the power cord have discontinued it earlier this year. Can anyone on this forum direct me to a source that I can purchase them from? Thanks

Re: TEAC A1200-U Parts

You can find both on eBay.
I have about 9 power cords and several sets of rubber reel retainers,
let me know if you want to buy some. I do not have them listed on eBay other sellers do.
Frank

I dont know just many ljttle words about r2rs but power cord can not be a very diffficult matter to solve. You must not think discard the machine because this issue anyway.

I've always used a pair of generic push-on rubber reel holders. (One time I did try some twist fasteners, but there wasn't enough spindle above the tape reel for them to grab onto.) As the rubber got older and looser, I've had to tilt my A1200U back a bit (with little wooden slat under the 2 front feet) and the tapes stay put. Hope this helps, until you find what you need.

I just went on ebay and found 2 compatible cords and 3 teac reel holders.
The cord is a non polarized extension cord.
A lot of r2r players of that era used rubber tape holders and most are interchangeable.
I liked playing mine horizontal so you don't need the holders.