hifi engine

Teac W-450R Double Cassette Deck

The rewind drive belts on my TEAC W-450R are shot...any thoughts on how to go about replacing them?

Kneed2no's picture

Re: Teac W-450R Double Cassette Deck

Try an elastic band. The black bands probably stretched. So use a smaller round band. It worked for me.

Are you asking for instructions on how to replace them, or what to replace them with? I've already told you how to get correct parts, but no manual will tell you how to do it. You'll basically have to figure that out for yourself, but in simple terms, you remove the transport from the chassis, look for two screws holding it in on top and bottom, most cables just plug in, and take it apart from the back side, be ready for the unexpected, and clean all belt surfaces, put in the new belts and put it all back together, sometimes not a simple task. looks like each transport has three belts in it. Some transports will have posts for you to loop the new belt around during assembly, look for those and use them. And don't let any of the grease that may be everywhere get on the pulleys or the belts. Use alcohol to clean surfaces. And have some Qtips handy too. Good luck.

Kneed2no's picture

I was able to replace the belts without removing the transports.

Thanks for the belt kit link and the advice on replacing them. I'm gonna pop off the cover and take a look before placing an order for the belts.

Without a manual to get correct part numbers from, try this site
http://www.vintage-electronics.net/teac-w-450r-belt-kit.aspx.
Looks like what you need, good luck

I think MCM still sells belts. You will need the length, width and thickness of the belts.

Ok, Thanks!