hifi engine

Technics RS BX-606 cassette deck problem

I recently bought this deck, it is really beautiful, I like it, great sound and functionality.
but I noticed a fault. when I insert a cassette, I hear a noise, it seems like an attempt of a jamming mechanism. then press PLAY, the tape does not start. I hear a noise, the tape moves very little and stops. after 3/4 attempts the tape starts and works perfectly. I noticed that in these cases, the text "NORMAL/CRO2 METAL" on the display tensed, blinked ... as if trying to understand the tape type. do you have any idea how to solve it?

Re: Technics RS BX-606 cassette deck problem

It's been a while, but I think the detection of CR02 is done by a switch next to the record safety hole on the edge of the cassette; in other words, the hole is larger on CR02. To prevent re-recording you brake out a plastic tab; CR02 has another hole next to it. Your switch may be dirty or bad.
Also, this may have nothing to do with the deck not starting properly. Could be bad belts.

thank you. any suggest to clear the switch?
moreover, this device does not have belt drive but direct motors

If it is a leaf switch then it is open and you can clean the contacts with a piece of paper; hold the contacts closed with the paper in between, then pull the paper out.