hifi engine

Technics SA-R230

Hi everyone I have an Technics SA-R230 AMP and sounds great except the left channel is inop, there is no
power level movement on front display. Hope anyone can help.

karodimitrov's picture

Re: Technics SA-R230

This is a new class-A amplifier. Check STK on left channel. In this type of amplifiers STK work under a large heating and cooled forced by a fan. This is their weak spot. It would be better to have a service manual for this unit.

Ok so I took it apart and I see a part that is attached to the heat sink that has the cooling fan at the end. The big black part looks like a ignition module... That be the STK? There is only one but then there is 2 small ones to the left and 1 small one to the right.

Thank you friend I am an automotive tech so I do not know the STK meaning?

karodimitrov's picture

Ha. I too am automotive tech.Colleagues.:))The whole final stage of the amplifier is collected on a single chip-STK.Exactly-like a ignition module.For example Technics-SU-V4 new class-A used STK8050.The problem is that i don't know what kind is yours STK.I don't have the service manual.Try to decipher the inscription of your STK.And yet I'm not quite sure that the problem is there.Just guess. Look in your messages.
Best Regards!

karodimitrov's picture

Perhaps yours STK is a common for both channels.Аnd exactly it is attached to the heatsink.