hifi engine

Yamaha CA 610 VU meter

I need a new VU meter for my 610. Anyone have an idea where I can find one?

Re: Yamaha CA 610 VU meter

You may find one at: awelectronics.com

Have you tried repairing the old one? Sometimes they just freeze up and don't move easily; if you remove the plastic case and move the set screw about a tenth of a turn (CCW) then it may free up. You may have to gently move the pointer a few times to get it going. If this works, try putting the set screw back where it was. I test free movement by blowing gently on the pointer; it should always return to 0.

He confirmed it is unrepairable. I'm just gonna have to keep looking for a donor unit?

Thanks. I'll pass that on to my tech, but he said there is no voltage going across it and therefore dead? Sorry this is over my head.

If there is no current going to the meter then that is a meter amplifier circuit problem. If the meter is open they can often be repaired; sometimes there is a bad connection at a terminal or internal wire.

Thanks. I'll pass this on but they are still insisting it is dead. I have a guy in France no less trying to find one for me. That be great if it works.

Most Japanese VU-meters are the same. The scale is different. I have often changed the meter and scale. Afterwards it functions without alignment. The only thing that matters is the size of the meter. Success!!