hifi engine

Yamaha R-300 left channel intermittent

I just picked up a Yamaha Natural Sound Stereo Receiver R-300. I was testing all the knobs and buttons when I pushed the stereo/mono button the left channel went out in the stereo position. I was playing a MP3 player through the AUX input I reinserted the cable and it was fine, last night the speaker was on and off. This evening I had it on for an hour and it was fine. Any suggestions on where I should start and what products I should use for cleaning switches and or connections? Thank you in advance.

Blackrock1

Re: Yamaha R-300 left channel intermittent

I suggest cleaning all the switches, especially the monitor and stereo/mono switches. I would clean the controls at the same time. I use Deoxit D5; it works well.
The pushbutton switches can be difficult to clean; you will need to get the cleaner inside, then actuate the switch several times. Some switches have small holes on the top; on some you will need to spray the cleaner from the front shaft--this means you will have to remove the knobs and the front bezel. You can clean the knobs with warm water; let them soak for an hour.

Re: Yamaha R-300 left channel intermittent

Thank you Johnnysan I will pick up a can and give it a try.
Blackrock1