hifi engine

Yamaha R-300 sound cuts out

Hi,

I have a Yamaha R-300 receiver and I've been noticing that, when in stereo mode, my left speaker cuts out. It doesn't happen immediately but after about 10 minutes or so after turning it on and playing music the sound from the left speaker kind of crackles and then fades away. And it doesn't cut out when in mono. I tried switching the speaker wires around to see if the problem was with them and not the receiver, but when the sound cut out it was with the speaker connected to the left side. Any ideas on what the problem might be and ways to fix it?

All help is appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Yamaha R-300 sound cuts out

I have the r-300 i can turn it on and it plays after 5 mins. the sound cut out and on, i like to fix it my self but i need to no what it is or what it might be thanks

karodimitrov's picture

I think that you at first time must check the input selector switch. Maybe he is dirty .Clean it with Deoxit and lubricate it with some kind of lubricant-oil or liquid grease.Do the same with stereo-mono switch,and better with all the switches.If the problem isn't solved - the next stage is checking of electrolytic caps on this channel.

karodimitrov's picture

Try it with headphones in all inputs. Headphone jack can be reason too(bad connection).

karodimitrov's picture

No-headphone jack can't be a reason.Check speaker selector too.